RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

I own a mobile home in Azle, TX which I leased to my

Customer Question

I own a mobile home in Azle, TX which I leased to my granddaughter who is in drug rehab. for the next couple of weeks. She verbally agreed to let someone rent a room from her without my approval. This person has been in the home since end of Oct. How can I get her to leave? I am concerned about squatter rights.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

In a situation like this, the person likely rents from your granddaughter, on a month to month basis. To terminate a tenant of that nature, notice must be given in writing at least one month before the end of month when tenant is to leave. Ideally, you would speak with her, advise her of what the situation is and that your own the mobile home, rent it to your granddaughter and that she did not have permission from you, to sublease a room out. As such, you want her to vacate and move and if she does not, you will evict. If you can work this out, you can avoid going through the court but you can protect yourself bu giving her the month notice, in writing. Then, if she refuses, evict. In addition, you can advise your granddaughter of the same and get her out if you want, as well.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!