RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

T will happen if I stopped paying mortgage on a timeshare, i

Customer Question

t will happen if I stopped paying mortgage on a timeshare
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: i would like to know what will happen if i stopped making payments on a timeshare mortgage
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: yes i live n va. timeshare is in tennessee
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i don't understand your question
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

If a timeshare owner stops paying their mortgage, the resort will eventually foreclose and take the timeshare interest back. If that happens, they may also try and sue for any deficiency which is owed and due, as a result. In addition, the credit of the timeshare owner may be effected as well, since the loan/payments will be in default. Ideally, the resort will eventually accept a deed in lie of foreclosure and simply take it back and not go through the legal process, if the owner agrees but if not, there are legal proceedings.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.