Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Real Estate Law Mentor
26296561

How do I remove an active initial judgement after a

Customer Question

How do I remove an active initial judgement after a forcloseure is complete. The home was sold after the forcloseure was complete and the initial judgement was never released or shown as fulfilled.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** *****

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, an initial judgment related to the foreclosure would remain on the former homeowner's credit bureau reports for 7 years from the time the initial judgment was issued by the court, even if the subject property was sold at the foreclosure auction and there would generally not be any legal way to remove such judgment from the report, unless, there is some type of an error that is being reported related to the judgment.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and good luck!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am not concerned with my credit report. I want to remove an active judgement that was furfilled by the selling about the property in question. I have had an active judgement from the initial foreclosure preceding that was never removed when the forcloseure process was complete. My question is how to remove this judgement or show that it has been furfilled. I do not have a defeciancy judgement and the bank keeps giving me the runaround. The courthouse told me that the imitating party is the only one that can remove this type of judgement.