WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

Colorado fence out low provides for a legal fence. Goats are

Customer Question

Colorado fence out low provides for a legal fence. Goats are a legal grazed animal in Colorado but the legal fence will not keep goats out. Is it the responsibility of the person fencing out to install a fence that will keep Goats out?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes filed for damages to fence and grass
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 month ago.

Under Colorado law, it is the responsibility of the owner of the goats to keep them from destroying other people's property. The person who installs the fence should make it such that the goats cannot get through the fence. However, if they do happy to get through, or if the fence is inadequate, under Colorado law, the owner of the goats is responsible for any damages caused.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 month ago.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 30 days ago.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 29 days ago.