Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My mother is accusing me of stealing $20,000 worth of

Customer Question

my mother is accusing me of stealing $20,000 worth of property from her house> she own 80 acres of land 2 separate 40 acre plots. she stays on 1 40 and I stay on the other on her 40 acres there is a modular home and some sheds and a doubl car garage and on my 40 acres i own a trailer house! my mother and her husband called law enforcement and said that I stole numerous things off her property!! I did not take or steal nothing from her>. the police issued a search warrant for my home I was not at home at the time of search.. law enforcement let my mother and husband enter while they conducting the search warrant they took numerous things out of my home thatcwas not theirs>> there was 2 items the found in my home which my mother knew I had it was a carpet shampooer and a painted picture>>> wat do I do???????
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 month ago.

I am very sorry to hear this. You may want to atrongly consider first hiring a criminal attorney to challenge the illegal search. Secondly you could also sue her and her husband in civil court for defamation, civil theft, and trespassing.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating of 5 stars would be greatly appreciated.