Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

I just signed a lease for an apt. And i gve them half the

Customer Question

I just signed a lease for an apt. And i gve them half the rent plus the app. Fees etc. My insurance drew up a declaration letter that only had 100,000 coverage because thats standard, but this particular place wanted 300,000. They told me if i got the new form to them by yesterday, i vould get my keys today. I hve to be out of my other place by oct 31, otherwise i'm subject to pay rent their too. I called the location 30 min. Before they closed yesterday to see if they got new policy--they were supposed to call me back and never did. I called them today--and they hve the policy, but now they aren't certain i can get keys. At this point, i want to just get money back and move on...this many problems now, lets me know ill hve issues when i move in. Im not sure how to get out of the contract since its already signed and even if i do move on...online resources state, i may still hve to pay rent until its leased to someone else. Help!
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok great
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What would you like to know? I need to get this issue rectified today.

Hi Serena: Why are they saying you may not get the keys when you gave them everything they want? And if they are claiming you did not do so, then they are not renting the place to you and should get the prepaid rent and/or security deposit back to you. So, either they give you the keys or give you your money back. If they will give you the keys, and you still want to move out, that may be a more difficult case. We can discuss.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok. I am headed to the location now.

Good luck. Let me know if you need anything further.

Hello Serena: I am following up to see if you still need further help. If so, please let me know. If you are satisfied with your answer, please provide a positive rating between 3 and 5 stars for the service I provided to you. Best regards.