Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

We purchased a new double-wide trailer from Lakeside homes

Customer Question

We purchased a new double-wide trailer from Lakeside homes Company in 2009. They obtained all permits, delivered it, set it up, and leveled it. 2 years ago we contacted Lakeside Homes via telephone and letter, and requested that the double-wide be re-leveled. Pictures and drawings were supplied with the letter. We are willing to pay for the service.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the mobile home?
Customer: Kentucky. We have not heard from the company since our initial contact. ve have called numerous times in the past two years but all we hear is "We're doing all the deliveries first; we are backed up by 8 weeks". This has been their reply during our conversations for the past 2 years. Is there anything legally do?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The trailer is a Clayton 2008 Other than Lakeside Homes, we sent a letter, pictures, etc to our insurance company. that's it
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

It sounds like you either want them to do a renovation (the re-leveling) or you are claiming that it was not leveled property in the first place. Is there anything in the contract that says they have to re-level? Or that you have to use them to do it? You are willing to pay; so it would seem that they would be willing to do it for the money but it seems like they do not to want to do it. Can you get someone else? Or are you saying they have a duty to do it or the contract called for it? Let's discuss.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We want them to re-level. There is nothing in the contract. The trailer has settled and is no longer level. Since the company obtained all the documents, set up, and leveling we are not sure if the of the company's liability is affected if we had another company do it.

Hi there again. Are you saying you had a warranty with the original company? You asked if there is anything legally you can do against the original company. So far, I am not seeing anything. So I am trying to find out more facts to see if there is any claim you could possibly have against it.

Hello. I have not heard back you. Are you still looking for help on your question? If so, please let me know. Thank you.