Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I brought a new trailer in August of this year. I signed for

Customer Question

I brought a new trailer in August of this year. I signed for it on 22 Aug and it was delivery and set up on 24 Aug. I have yet to move in and my second payment is coming due. I asked that the trailer stay on the sale lot under I got my well running before the trailer was delivery. That did not happen. I also asked to know when the workers would be there to hook up the ac, electrical, skirting and the steps being installed, again I was not told. I was just given my keys on Nov 20 cause I had a final inspection with the county inspector. I could not get into the trailer with the keys and had to call the sales people to call another sales company to come let me in. Upon getting in, I made a wall thru of the inside of the trailer and wrote up 3 pages of discrepancies (Including 2 spot with water damage) that need to be fixed before I move in. Now here it is the 27 of Oct, its been two months since I sign for the trailer and still nowhere near moving in. Also the trailer I picked out on the sales lot is not the trailer they delivered. The floor plan is different in the Master Bathroom and the Kitchen (missing the back splash behind the stove that I fell in love with). The General Manage kept telling the trailer delivery is the same one but it is not. I have made one payment so far and next one is due next week. I have pictures of some of the discrepancies that should have been fixed before the trailer left the sale lot. What can I do at this point?
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Sumter County South Carolina
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: I have my copy of the papers I signed.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There is a sheet in my papers that stated "This is a Display model and is sold as is with normal wear and tear" The discrepancies I noted are not normal wear and tear. It is either manufacture mistakes or they used the this trailer to repair other trailers. Or possible it is a repo that they sold me.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Do you have your paperwork with the VIN of the trailer stated on it?

.

Was this a brand new trailer or a used one?

.

Are you ready to have it delivered and set up, they are just not doing it and dragging their heels?

.

Have you confirmed with the seller a new delivery and set up date?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have the VIN number and I understood that it was a new trailer. It was delivered on Aug 24 and set up. It took me over a month to get the water situation taken care of because I had two different plumbers tell me that they would help me out but either never showed up or promise to do the work and then never showed. So I finally went with the county water hook-up which was completed sometime the week of Oct 10th.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No thank you for the call. I will find an attorney in the local areas that I can talk with face to face with a free consultation on the first visit. I do not have money to be spending every time you or I need to go one step further. Thank you but no thank you.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Those phone call offers are not generated by me, but rather by the JustAnswer website. I am sorry but I do not participate in the phone call program for the site and limit my interaction with customers only to the website. I like to have time to think about a customer’s question and research it so I can provide the best answer possible.

.

However, if you wish to have a phone call with an attorney, you can post a request for "additional services" and your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

I am more than happy to continue on the website though..