Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My HOA is allowing my neighbors to harass, intimidate and

Customer Question

My HOA is allowing my neighbors to harass, intimidate and now finally threaten me. I walked by a neighbor to ask why his dogs, on electronic collars, were allowed to sit in the common area unleashed and this man whom I do not know came at me and tried to hit me with a flashlight. I was on the neighbors sidewalk. My dogs who are care dogs,registered, are not allowed to jump out of my car to walk into the house without being reported to the HOA. They said the have "heard" all about me. I don't even talk to these people. My landlord stands behind me. I am so upset I am almost I'll from these people. I need some help. I called the HOA to explain my side and they told me to call my landlord. I am not allowed to talk.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?
Customer: Nevada, north 89031
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I was reported almost instantly upon renting and called into a Hearing.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I reported an instant where they refused to allow me to put artificial grass over the rocks so that I could walk and take my garbage cans out. They denied me this right I am 75 with a fixed leg which makes it easy for me to fall. They want me to move because of this. That is not fair to me or my landlord. I have already been to HUD and this time they will file a complaint against the HOA.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

That is not fair to me or my landlord. I have already been to HUD and this time they will file a complaint against the HOA.

Good for you.That was the right thing to do. Do you have a specific question that I can assist you with? I will be off line until this afternoon.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The HOA is not allowing me to present my side to all these neighbors comments. I need to find an attorney to represent me against my HOA. I have not caused any of the problems they are trying to create. My question is: who do I go to for protection from a vicious HOA. They told me they are afraid I would fall and Sue them. Isn't this creating a problem where there is none.
I have presented the problem the HOA is creating. Now I need to do something to protect myself. I have not received any information.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have already paid $31.00 plus $5.00? And I have not received anything. I don't want to pay $59 on top of this until I receive something to the first question. I have an HOA harassing me and I need to know what to do.
I have
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If you are going to be gone and cannot help me please refund my money and I will find somebody to help me.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
All I did was try to give you a picture of what the HOA was doing. Maybe I provided you too much information.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

I need to find an attorney to represent me against my HOA.

We are no permitted to represent our customers directly. You should hire a local attorney as soon as possible. I will refer your request for refund to customer service. I wish you the best of luck.