TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

We were rented a uninhabitable home - the real estate agent

Customer Question

we were rented a uninhabitable home - the real estate agent was the one who acted as the property manager. She knew the home was dangerous prior to us renting. Upon our research we found that the home had no CO, illegal extensions, well and septic were 3 ft from each other and home was covered in mold. As a result of living in the house, I was hospitalized, my infant suffered for a year with parasites and diarrhea - what type of lawyer should i be looking for
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'm sorry to hear what happened at your rented house. I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Q: As a result of living in the house, I was hospitalized, my infant suffered for a year with parasites and diarrhea - what type of lawyer should i be looking for

A: Ideally, the attorney will be a personal injury litigator. My suggestion would be to use the NY State Bar's Attorney Referral Service, which you can find online here: CLICK HERE. When you contact that service, I would briefly explain the problem, and ask for a referral to an attorney with experience litigating issues involving personal injury and real estate (though the attorney doesn't need to be a real estate expert in this situation ... the personal injury aspect is the driver here).

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.