Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

What's the most efficient and effective way to have

Customer Question

What's the most efficient and effective way to have association stop harassing the new owner for the owner's past due?
In district court of appeal Pudlit 2 Joint Venture, LLP v. Westwood Gardens Homeowners Association, the court determined that the new owner of the property is not liable for old owner''s past association fees due, if in the declaration of covenant states so.
I need an attorney who can fightthe association in the same situation. In their declaration it clearly states it's only previous owner's responsibility, but they have been refusing to start account for the new owner and they demanded the old owner's due to be paid by new owners.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

This site does not provide legal representation. However, I can provide you with links to websites that you can use to find local Attorneys to assist you with your case.

Let me know how you wish to proceed.

Thank you for your cooperation,