Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Fl. have a law if one party to the property, never lived in

Customer Question

Fl. have a law if one party to the property, never lived in the home. The couple was never married. No contract. Joint Tenancy.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: They purchase the property 3 years ago, yes deed and filed. The party has only been to the property 2 times. Once in 3/2014 for a week. 2nd time 8/2015 for 5 nights
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They are not married never have been. No contract
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 2 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

What is your question please? I understand 2 unmarried people own property, as joint tenants; what was the specific question please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is the abandment law, if one party only visited 2 times, now want all of the property
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you license in Fl.

No, I'm not licensed in FL; I am licensed in a different state and the site has verified my credentials to that affect; Since we provide information versus advice, licensure in a particular state is not required; but I can opt out if you would like and there may be a FL attorney that can assist you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'll find someone Fl.

I will opt out- hopefully a FL attorney will see this; please don't respond to this as that will delay a response. Thanks!

Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Have both parties been contributing money to the upkeep and maintenance of the property?