Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

I am 77 years old, recently had an amputation, cannot not

Customer Question

I am 77 years old, recently had an amputation, cannot not walk very well, and my home is scheduled for foreclosure on 11/2/16. I was fired from my job and just have Social Security, IU have been told that disabled elderly cannot be forclosed on in the State of Colorado, Is this true? What are the laws about a situation like mine? My cvell is(###) ###-####my email is***@******.***. I am desperate to find a solution,
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Your remedy here is to file bankruptcy prior to 11/12/2016.Chapter 7 allows you to discharge debts , and reaffirm the house loan, Chapter 13 is also a possibility. It has extended payment period where you make payments on the secured debts and the unsecured are discharged.Either way this is the only way to stop a foreclosure at this point.

You can either use a local bankruptcy lawyer or file yourself.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Forms

http://www.cob.uscourts.gov/forms

You can do this yourself , you need to file pretty quick.Bankruptcy here has automatic stay to stop foreclosure.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.