Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience
16823287

I was given a judgment for an eviction after a foreclosure.

Customer Question

I was given a judgment for an eviction after a foreclosure. It was a default judgment against my husband. I was not on the house. I live in california. If I file for bankruptcy will the eviction be delayed
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Homeowners can evict you regardless of your filing of a BK so long as the owner obtained the court-ordered judgment for possession prior to your filing the BK.

Please Note:

(1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. For example, it may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services regarding a specific matter, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer who can guide you after reviewing all the pertinent details of your situation. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating.