LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

What would a ball park figure be for handling closing on a

Customer Question

what would a ball park figure be for handling closing on a property I am selling in fishtown. I have the buyer.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: 436 e girard ave
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 month ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you. Can you tell me the State that you purchasing in? Are you using a mortgage to finance the purchase?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
why are you asking me what state I am in. I gave the address thinking I was speaking to someone in Phila.

why are you asking me what state I am in.

Because the laws differ from State to State. The address was not familiar to me to recognize this was Philadelphia. Believe it or not there are Grand Avenues in every State.

Now that we know the laws vary and we know we are dealing with PA law can you tell me if you will be obtaining financing to purchase the home or is this a cash deal?

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

New professional here. I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am not in Philia., but I have been a licensed attorney for more than 30 years and I have been a licensed real Estate Broker as well.

The ballpark closing costs for the sale of a property depend on whether you use a realtor who charged a 6% sale commission, or you avoid the Realtor expenses.

A Realtor handled sale will cost you 8%-10% in closing costs, while a Realtor-free sale will cost you on average 2% to 4%, of the sale price of the property you are selling.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service, It is greatly appreciated,

Doug