Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have a question concerning a possible default on our

Customer Question

I have a question concerning a possible default on our second home in Pa. Will it effect out primary residence in Baltimore. Can they come after our home in Baltimore.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Out second home is in Pa. and our primary is in Baltimore.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have had excellent credit all our lives. 735 and over. We have never had any issues with delay payments on any loan my husband and I are 69. We need to let go of the home in Pa. Can they take away our home in Baltimore doing this awful thing
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Do you have equity in the Baltimore home?

.

Is the second home under water in value?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the second home is current on mtg. payments but my daughter and her family live in it. Four years ago we agreed to buy the home and put them in it. They just need to make the payments each and every mo. This has not happened and now we want to tell them it is theirs to loss we are no long assisting them in making there mortgage payments. So can we loss our home in baltimore if they do not make payments.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
please call me. (###) ###-####

. I am sorry but I do not participate in the phone call program for the site and limit my interaction with customers only to the website. I like to have time to think about a customer’s question and research it so I can provide the best answer possible.

.

However, if you wish to have a phone call with an attorney, you can post a request for "additional services" and your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

I am more than happy to continue on the website though if you can provide the info I requested....

.

.

.

.

thanks