Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

My situation is as follow - there is a current tenant(

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** situation is as follow - there is a current tenant( ex-partner) in a commercial building, we are going through a legal battle due to a contract I signed. I asked him to leave the building but he is requesting to get reimbursed for "tenants improvements" and i'll like to know legally what falls under "tenant's improvements" Thank you so much for you time. Looking forward to a response.
Lisa
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
He is not legally entitled to tenant improvements unless the lease agreement says that he is entitled to those improvement costs. Tenant improvements can include any work the tenant did to the building such as bathrooms or building walls or installing lighting or other fixtures.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.