Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

Is 800 W. 1st Street, Unit 1110, Los Angeles, CA 90012,

Customer Question

Hello, Is 800 W. 1st Street, Unit 1110, Los Angeles, CA 90012, under the rent stabilization ordinance? according to ZIMAS, which is provided by the City of Los Angeles, this building is listed as "YES".
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

What is your question?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello, Is 800 W. 1st Street, Unit 1110, Los Angeles, CA 90012, under the rent stabilization ordinance? according to ZIMAS, which is provided by the City of Los Angeles, this building is listed as "YES"

I cannot find any other source on line to search other than Zimas. Generally, the RSO applies to rental properties that were first built on or before October 1, 1978 as well as replacement units under LAMC Section 151.28 and is any of the following:

• Apartment
  • Condominium
  • Townhome
  • Duplex
  • Two or more single family dwelling units on the same parcel
  • Rooms in a hotel, motel, rooming house or boarding house occupied by the same tenant for 30 or more consecutive days
  • Residential unit(s) attached to a commercial building
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok- so does that mean it it covered? Because that is exactly what ZImas states.

I have no reason to believe that ZIMAS is incorrect. Mayor Eric Garcetti set it up: that information about whether or not a building is rent-controlled be listed on the city's zoning and planning website, ZIMAS.