Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

My mom is being charged late fees because she paid her

Customer Question

My mom is being charged late fees because she paid her assessments by check to condo office for which she was given a reciept. She was informed that the check was lost so she told them to find the check which they never did. Now she has been charged late fees of 2900. Should i pay the late fees plus the lost payment,or ask for the late fees to be forgiven and just pay the assessment.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

Hi Pat: Since your Mother is not at fault and she paid the assessment on time; and there is a receipt, asking for the foregiveness of late fees seems totally reasonable. We can discuss more if you would like to do so.

Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 6 months ago.

Hello again Pat!

Checking in to see if you need further help. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer a related follow-up question you may have. If I have not answered your question completely or missed a question, please let me know and I will attempt to answer it.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please provide a positive rating between 3 and 5 stars for the service I provided to you.

Best regards.