Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

Thank you for reading my question. When I signed my lease in

Customer Question

Hello there
Thank you for reading my question.
When I signed my lease in 2014 the land lord attached a copy of the NNN estimate for 2014 with a cap of 3% annual increase. my lease commenced in 2015 due to constructions time allowed by the land lord. The NNN was increased by 20% in 2015 and the land lord wants to use the 2015 NNN as the base line for the 3% cap.
My question is; what year should be considered for the 3% cap
thank you
Zach
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

The short answer is the original lease. Possibly there may be language in the original lease that allows for the 2015 base line. However, the contract would prevail unless there is some fact not listed here. We can discuss more if you would like to do so.

Hello again! Checking in to see if you need further help. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer a related follow-up question you may have. If I have not answered your question completely or missed a question, please let me know and I will attempt to answer it. If you are satisfied with your answer, please provide a positive rating between 3 and 5 stars for the service I provided to you. Best regards.