David Stewart
David Stewart, Lawyer
Experience:  Highly experienced attorney in Real Estate law
95745447

I have a year's lease with the whole year amount spelled out

Customer Question

I have a year's lease with the whole year amount spelled out in t he leader. Now my renter wants to move out without paying this amount with a 30 day notice and to walk away from her small deposit. The property is in Florid. The lease wasn't signed by either party. Also, how would I collect?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  David Stewart replied 1 month ago.

Hello: my name is ***** ***** I hope to help you today. If the lease was not signed by either party it will not govern the agreement between you and your tenant. I am assuming the tenant pays every 30 days and if so it would be considered a 30 day lease and a 30 day written notice should be sufficient to drop the lease. If you want to collect the additional amount you believe may be owed under the lease you would be able to file a small claims case in the county where the property is located. You would file your claim, serve it on the tenant, and then take all your documentation to the judge and see if you can win. I believe you have a tough case to win, but there may be additional information about your case that I don't know and if so a small claims case would be the easiest and most cost effective way to go. I hope this helps you! David

I am also going to offer you a call at a discount in case you want to talk through the details to see if there is anything else you want to ask after explaining the entire situation.