Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

If the HOA files a claim on behalf of my unit's damages to a

Customer Question

If the HOA files a claim on behalf of my unit's damages to a fire, should they perform the work based on the scope of work the insurance company sent the money. This included the line items that were included in the scope of work.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If there was a claim for damages, then all necessary repairs should be made as described by the insurance company who paid for the damages. The repairs are supposed to be made to code to put the property back in the same identical condition it was prior to the damage.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do you represent clients in Florida. Would you be able to give me a consultation?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If I signed a written agreement at mediation, but have not yet signed the official agreement, am I bound to the agreement. After I got home, I viewed more pieces of information and am not happy with the settlement. I also felt pressured by my lawyer, but I don't feel he really new the full scope of details.
Thank you for your reply.
We are forbidden from representing anyone from this site as that is prohibited by state law.
If you signed a written agreement in mediation, you can be bound to that agreement even if the final settlement agreement has not been signed. You need to contact your attorney if something is missing and discuss the issue you have with him and ask if he can get the agreement modified based on those reasons, but once you sign a mediation agreement you are generally bound to it.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The official agreement was not signed with the mediator's signature. The only thing that was signed was a hand written piece of paper, with my signature and the defendant's signature. Is this still binding. This happened 2 days ago. Do I have three days to cancel a contract?
Thank you for your reply.
There is no such 3 day right to cancel this type of contract that 3 day right of rescission is for door to door sales, unsolicited type sales.
Once you and the other party signed the paper, that is your agreement to be bound to the terms of the agreement. No other signatures are needed other than the signatures of the two parties. So that is why I said you need to contact your attorney and seek to modify this based on the information you believe was missing.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can I open another case and sue my association based on insurance fraud?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Or the individuals
Thank you for your reply.
I am afraid you cannot open a new case, this is all handled under the same case, which is why I said you need to contact your attorney and tell him the issues now and tell him you want him to try to correct them despite you signed the agreement (which you really should not have signed if you did not agree with it).