Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

In a pending lawsuit involving adverse possession. I am

Customer Question

In a pending lawsuit involving adverse possession. I am trying to quit claim parcels of land from my mother to me. My mother owns the parcels but just found out recently that they were hers. The time frame is 33 years of not knowing about the matter.She is sole executrix to my great uncles estate. His will left everything to her in absolute . Developers/owners who have an adjacent parcel of land have had a building which covers not only their parcel but straddles my mother's two parcels of land. That building has always covered all three parcels. They are selling their one parcel and tacking on the other two parcels we possess and stating adverse possession to claim all parcels.
The question I have is this , can my mother stop these actions by quit claiming the parcels to me . I would be the new owner and deal with this land in my own way.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Is there a quiet title action currently pending?