legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
63726236

Can some one be convicted. From a premises if the land lord

Customer Question

Can some one be convicted. From a premises if the land lord die with a buy too own agreement. With out a will
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 6 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

The lease runs with the property, so the owner's estate representative would need to comply with the terms of the lease option. The death does not void the lease option unless the contract specifically states that.

Some executors will buy out via negotiations, should an heir wish to retain the property but that is entirely at the discretion of both parties- one party cannot make the decision alone.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answer.
Thanks!