Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My Hawaii RE license has been revoked and I have been fined

Customer Question

My Hawaii RE license has been revoked and I have been fined after following the direct instructions of my broker who has received no disciplinary action. I received an email to renew my license and discovered that there was a disciplinary case with an outcome in which my license has been revoked and a fine of $50K that I was never notified of. I know longer live in Hawaii, However I wanted to keep my license active in case we ever returned. When I 1st became an RE Agent my 1st rental contract in which the tenant made the payment to my broker's company. My broker told me that I had to set up a separate business account for any rental's that I did. My broker actually assisted me in setting up the accounts. My broker also handled all the advertising. Later I learned I was not to do it that way and stopped. And now I find this has happened.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 7 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am very sorry to hear this. How long ago did this occur?