Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

My mother is deceased her home19143 has received a letter of

Customer Question

My mother is deceased her home*****19143 has received a letter of "release of mortgage/full reconveyance from t. d. service company stating that " the mortgage is fully paid or otherwise discharged"
I'm not sure what legal status this document leaves the property in.
At the time the letter was received the mortgage was in arrears of $9,000
Your help is appreciated
Frederick Davis (son)
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

This means that for whatever reason, the lender has forgiven the remaining outstanding amount and transferred the property back to mother (i.e. her estate).

.

So I can't opine why they would do so, but apparently they have agreed to wipe out any mortgage meaning that they no longer have any legal claim to the property.

.

I would suggest having a local real estate attorney or title/closing company do a "title search" on the property to confirm that there is no outstanding liens or mortgages on it and that there is no pending legal action just to be sure.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did a title search before I contacted you no liens or outstanding mortgages are on record
Next I will call on Monday T. D. Service Company determine if they any legal action pending.
I'm on my way to work thank you for your response so I'll have to pick this up with you one Monday but I do need more information on this matter and I am not sure you can help me any further
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time.

.

And if the title search is not showing anything, then the property should be free and clear..

.

.

thanks