Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I'm a tenant and have asked the landlord some questions

Customer Question

I'm a tenant and have asked the landlord some questions concerning the lease between the two parties. Does he have the right to ignore my written questions?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 5 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The short answer is no. The landlord has an obligation to respond to requests made pursuant to the lease.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We have an existing lease that's been in effect for 7 years with 3 years remaining. His refusal to answer puts our retail business on hold. I don't believe that the questions were pursuant to a lease as you suggest.

You are asking him questions about the lease, right?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do to a stroke I'm unable to speak clearly and difficult to hear. So phones don't work for me. The answer that I received was incorrect and assumed information before a lease. The answer jumped to a conclusion that was not stated. A waste of time and expense.

I am still here to work with you to insure you get the answer you need.