Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

I am a cabinet manufacturer in NY and have a dealer in FL

Customer Question

Hello. I am a cabinet manufacturer in NY and have a dealer in FL that took possession of $43K in cabinets back in July and has not paid for them. I wonder if I can file a lien against the property the cabinets have been installed in.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: As long as I am not under any obligation at this point.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

By chance did you enter into a written security agreement for the cabinets?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The owner signed our credit application agreeing to our terms and he did fill out a personal quaranty.

So the credit application mentions that there is a secured interest in the property. If this is correct, you can look into filing a UCC statement perfecting your lien on the property. This is how you would put a lien on it. Since you are in New York, you could attempt to file the UCC in New York. We can discuss more if you would like to do so.

Hello: I am following up to see if you still need further help. If so, please let me know. If not, I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love you to give me a rating between 3 and 5 stars for the service I provided to you. Best regards.