Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

What recourse does bank have if real estate taxes are not

Customer Question

What recourse does bank have if real estate taxes are not paid and bank has granted a business loan collateralized by property ? The loan is coming due in two months and is yet to be renewed.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Usually, in the case of collateral endangered by unpaid real estate taxes, the bank will advance the taxes owed by paying directly and add the amount paid to the loan.

They may then, if the terms of the loan allow, they could require an escrow for the payment of future taxes.

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

If you have no further questions or follow-up, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you!