Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Question we bought a house as unmarried and want to transfer

Customer Question

hi question we bought a house as unmarried and want to transfer the title as married coule the house is paid off what we need to do thnaks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Can you provide me a bit more information? Are you wanting to hold title as: i) joint tenants with right of survivorship where title automatically vests in the surviving spouse upon the death of the first spouse to die, or ii) tenants in common where each spouse's interest passes pursuant to their respective last will and testament? Thank you!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

I just wanted to let you know that I will signing off for the evening in about 15 minutes. Should you follow up while I’m away, I will address it immediately upon my return in the morning. Thank you in advance for your patience. I apologize for any inconvenience.