Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Ford Motor Credit put a lien on my property after my husband

Customer Question

Ford Motor Credit put a lien on my property after my husband let a truck go back in 2003. My name wasn't on the truck and my husbands name isn't on my mortgage. Is there any way to get the lien off my property short of paying the 20000.00 they say is owed on the truck? I can't afford that and my husband is on SOcial Security.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 6 months ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you. Can you tell me the State that your question pertains to? Is the tile to your real property in your husband's name? Can you see my questions?

Expert:  Maverick replied 6 months ago.

1. Was your name on the loan documents to the truck or were you a co-signor even if your name was not on the title to the truck?

2. Is your husband's name on the title to your property even if he is not on the mortgage?

3. What state is the property located in?

4. Is this property your home?