N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983
9653905

I would love to find someone who could assist with a short

Customer Question

I would love to find someone who could assist with a short sale and likely deed in lieu in Pennsylvania we had to relocate for a job for me and haven't been able to sell our home I can no longer make the payments.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: The home is in Pennsylvania we now live in Louisiana
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: None I can't find anyone who will help us apparently no one wants to deal with it.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
to clarify our we moved out of home in Pennsylvania in June of 2015 after having it on the market from April 2015 we took it off the market in July 2015 we were able to find a renter the rental market is now as bad as the sale market, we can't rent it and we haven't been able to sell either. It has been on the market since July 27, 2016. We have another mortgage on the home we live in and I can't afford to pay the both clearly we need to make a decision on how to move on. We paid 184900 for the house in 2010 it is on the market for 149000, our real estate agent thinks it will actually sell for 125000-135000. We are now past due one payment. I don't have the cash reserves or a credit line available to pay the deficit we owe 157000. What options do we have I can't even find a lawyer to help PA lawyers say because we no longer live in PA they can't help, LA lawyers don't want to deal with a PA property. I have found a real estate agent who will work with the short sale with Wells Fargo but am in a contract for 6 months I believe with my current real estate agent who is unwilling to work with the short sale unless I work with the lawyer he recommended who won't work with me. Disclaimer I make decent money but I have A LOT of debt.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

May I ask where the property is located (town or county)?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's in Johnstown Pennsylvania

There are over 10 local law firms listed here that handle short sales and offer free consultations. One of them should be abe to assist you with this.