Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

I live in TN. My question is can I put a fence on the

Customer Question

I live in TN. My question is can I put a fence on the boundary line that I had survey?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

As long as you don't actually allow your fence to cross over the boundary line onto the neighbor's property, then you can put the fence right up to the line. But if you cross that line, just a fraction, that would be an encroachment and legally a trespass to the neighbor's property and they could take legal action to force you to remove it.

.

So it is best to give up an inch or so of land to ensure that your fence doesn't cross over onto the neighbor's property.

.

.

thanks