Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  28 years of experience in general practice, real estate law and estate law.

I have health problems and am disabled. If I am particularly

Customer Question

I have health problems and am disabled. If I am particularly ill, can I cancel or deny a home showing due to illness, even if the realtor gave me 24-hours notice of the showing?
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 9 days ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

I am not sure what your listing agreement states, however, based on your disability you can ask the realtor to change the agreement to by appointment only. Realtors are not only required to follow Fair Housing Act procedures they need to accommodate their sellers.

If you have any issue with the agent I would contact the managing broker. You have every right to be treated with dignity and respect with regard to your disability.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter as it would be my pleasure to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.

The Attorneys on the site do not receive credit for their time or work if the customer does not rate us positively. There is no additional charge to you for a positive rating and you can still receive a refund. Thank you for your consideration.

Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 8 days ago.

Did you contact the realtor?