Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  28 years of experience in general practice, real estate law and estate law.

How would i back out of a contract as a seller when attorney

Customer Question

how would i back out of a contract as a seller when attorney review has ocurred?
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: New Jersey
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: just attorney review and contract
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i want to know what my liability wuld be
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 9 days ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

The issue for the seller is the purchaser would need to breach a provision of the contract or ask for an extension that you do not need to grant. Is the purchaser using lender financing?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am the one that wants to back out not them

Have they been approved for a mortgage?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
What is my out? Will I get sued?

I understand the situation I just want to find a way that you would not get sued.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
THey were approved early for the mortgage

One out is if the purchaser needs additional time and you refuse to grant it and terminate the contract. THey were approved early for the mortgage Is the approval unconditional?

Is there a realtor involved that listed your property?

The other option is the Purchaser can agree to a termination provided they are reimbursed for their costs or you just back out and see if they sue for specific performance.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
there is a realtor , he doesn't seem to know answers. I can offer expenses , and see if they s
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Do not want live call thanks
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Cancel live call

Between us the realtor should not offer legal advice. That being said you want to make sure the realtor does not sue for their commission as well.

The ideal situation would be to work out a settlement and walk away with all parties signing off and agreeing to pursue any action against you.

I don't want you to pay for a live call, the site sends out the request. It is my pleasure to continue to work from here at no additional charge to you.

Pursuant to the terms of service of the site the Attorneys cannot enter into an Attorney/Client relationship with the customers. That being said I can provide information and a local attorney that provides FREE consultations.

Where are you located so I can provide a link for a local Attorney that provides FREE consultations. They can write up a settlement agreement that will cover any potential for a lawsuit against you.

Where in New Jersey are you located?

There is no live call. Would you like to provide a link for local real estate attorneys?

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter as it would be my pleasure to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.

The Attorneys on the site do not receive credit for their time or work if the customer does not rate us positively. There is no additional charge to you for a positive rating and you can still receive a refund. Thank you for your consideration.

You may not be aware that the attorneys on the site only receive credit for their work when the customer takes the time to rate them positively. Thank you for your consideration.