Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

It's a bit of an intricate question, I'll try to convey it

Customer Question

It's a bit of an intricate question, I'll try to convey it correctly
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: It's a general question, but it's for South Carolina in general, specifically spartanburg county
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: a friend of mine keeps citing a law that states something to the affect of if you are selling a property with a home and more than 10 acres of property, only the first 10 acres of said property can be included in the price of the property
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: but to my knowledge no such law exists
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 6 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

I think your friend may be referring to bank loan requirements that acreage cannot be more than a certain percent of the value of the home: e.g., banks will not appraise acreage for more than 30% of the total value of the property. In other words, the acreage will not be worth more than 30% of the home. Alternately, possibly more than 10 acres would be above a 30% value of a home. Do you think that is what he means?