RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases

My daughter go hit in the head by a large light fixture at

my daughter go hit in the head by a large light fixture at work yesterday. We went to the ER last night and she has 2 bumps on her head and a few abrasions and the CT scan was negative. This light fixture weighs over 50 lbs and the ceiling is 20 foot. The glass bowl in the fixture is what broke on her head. She is terrified by this event. What should she do?

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

I am sorry to hear what happened to her and hope she is recovering. In a situation like this, she could have a basis to file a workers comp claim, if she is out of work. I have provided a link below, that outlines the steps and information she needs, to do so. Moreover, she can speak with her employer and ask that they cover any medical costs she has incurred, as a result of this. And of course, if she thins that her employer created an unsafe work place, she could have a basis to sue for damages suffered.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
OK thank you. My daughter is at home now and is terrified at what happened yesterday. Can she legally take any time off? Her employer called yesterday and told her to take today off, but I don't think she will be ready to go back to work tomorrow.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Can I have my daughter call you?

Yes, if she is recovering she can take time off and her workers comp claims, could cover her in the event of any losses. If you want to speak, you can request a call and an expert can contact her. You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** I request a call to my daughter?

There should be button which you can click to select the call option. If you do not see if, you can contact customer service and they can guide you through it.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok I see it. Thank you. I'm not going to end this just yet but you have been very helpful.

You are welcome.