Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.

Its a story, ill try to make it short. I was renting a

its a long story, ill try to make it short. I was renting a mobile home space to a person, he was there for about 15 years. Everything was fine until I told him he had to vacate the premises because I sold the property. I gave him 5 months notice, he decided to just leave the home there and left, with no contact information. I had no choice but to move the home due to the sale, I moved the home right next door to another space I had. I then contacted the finance co. and told them the situation. They told me they wouldn't pay for any moving cost or storage cost of the home and left it at that. About 2 months later I receive a letter from an attorney representing a company here stating that I need to release the home asap to them or they are going to take it to court. I have had the home on my property for approx. 4 months with not even a call now this. I called the people that bought the home to try to work it out, and they told me that they need to pick up the home and I would received nothing. This is really upsetting, all I wanted was moving cost $1,800.00 but now I would like to know if I can charge them storage fee's plus the moving cost, the way I see things I kept the home secure from Vandals or being destroyed.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the mobile home?
Customer: Texas 1995 double wide
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, The finance company is Ditech Financial, the sold it to a local company here in El Paso, that's what took them so in contacting me. They are the ones who hired a lawyer to demand I release the trailer, I told them to pay me for the moving cost and they could have the home, they said no. Now I want to see about charging them storage and security fees. Thanks

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Ok Thanks

There is a theory of bailment wherein one is entrusted with the care of another's personal property even if there was not agreement to do so. In that situation you may possibly argue that the trailer is in a bailment situation, wherein you are not claiming ownership but can be paid for moving and storage costs. It is an argument to make that you would have.