MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.

I have moved out of my home filed bankruptcy due to a bad

Customer Question

I have moved out of my home filed bankruptcy due to a bad divorce. I have been told I should move back into my home as I can live rent free until forclosure which could be a couple of years.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Indiana
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Banruptcy was just dishcharged yesterday
Submitted: 2 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 2 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Could you please clarify for me what your question is so I can better assist you? Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I'm wanting to know that since I have filed Bankruptcy and included the house that it's ok to move back in and also how long the foclosure process could possible take as the bank has yet to start that process.

Yes. It is ok to move back in.

It is impossible for me to tell you exactly how long the foreclosure process will take, but if the bank hasn't filed the foreclosure yet, then an educated guess would be approximately 1.5-2 years conservatively.