Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

I have lease on my apartment that expires Jan 31/2017. My

Customer Question

I have lease on my apartment that expires Jan 31/2017. My landlord put the property up for sale now. Real Estaate sales people want to show it to prospect buyers. I say no?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: State of California, Orenge Cnty
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Only a letter tom e telling me about the sale and the property will be shown during bissness hours.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have heard thye only time the land lord has the right show this property would be on January 31, 2017 for sale unlessa I give my consent. Is this true??
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

I have heard thye only time the land lord has the right show this property would be on January 31, 2017 for sale unlessa I give my consent. Is this true??

That is true, unless the landlord has retained the right to show the property to prospective buyers, rather than prospective renters. So check your lease provisions for a specific clause to that affect. If it isn't there, then you're right of quiet enjoyment under your lease prevails, and you do not have to make your property available to be shown to prospective purchasers.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.