Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I have a contract on my homestead property in dallas. There

Customer Question

I have a contract on my homestead property in dallas. There is a 7500 dollar lien brought about from a divorse that i was never served upon . i owned the property prior to the marriage. The countdown to foreclosure is days away and my ex will now not respond . she stated she was to talk to her attorney about how much they wanted to sign off on the lien but have gotten no more responses to my texts. She is blocking the sale. What can i do? Time is short .
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 8 days ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 8 days ago.

Is this a short sale? Or, is there equity in the property where there will be excess funds coming to you at closing? Thanks.