Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

I am looking up what an "incidental use" for an easement

Customer Question

I am looking up what an "incidental use" for an easement could be whereby the language of the deed restriction states the following: that allows ingress and egress, and other incidental uses
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Los Angeles, California
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: The grant deed restriction was filed and recorded in 2006
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What is the charge for this consultation?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Real Estate Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: HOw long does the reply take?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Incidental use would be other occasional uses for easement area which are not ingress and egress, and do not interfere with the stated use. An example may be, for example, to park a vehicle for a short period of time. It could also be to move equipment from one part of the property to the other.

These are occasional uses which do not interfere with the primary purpose of the easement.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

The main thing is that an incidental use is occasional and not burndensome or interfering.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you!