Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

I have a friend of mine who lives in budget suites in las

Hello I have a friend of mine who lives in budget suites in las vegas NV who pays rent by the week she's a disabled wounded vet can't drive she's legally blind and only has 1 leg they put a note on her door that she has to be out by the 16th which is today she's been calling and trying to get a little more time to get help in order to leave finally got an answer last night and they refused told her they would lock her out she's never been late on rent it's for no cause the letter on the door is not from the courts it's from the property I thought it had to be she's scared to death is there anything that can be done thank you

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What other facts do you need

There has to be a court oder to evict someone from a premises they are renting. Locks cannot be changed. If there is someone who can help her or go to court for her to obtain help to file papers to get the Judge to order a restraint of changing the locks, then that would be an option. Also, there are legal services for disabled person or possibly veteran legal services that may be able to help. Here is a number for legal services:(###) ###-####to call tomorrow morning to see how they can help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you I thought they had to have a constable come and evict you and also an eviction from the courts I just wasn't 100% on weekly rentals you have been very helpful

You are welcome.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry bother you again but I forgot to ask if she's been living there for under 30 days does it make a difference

Here is what I found. Notice to Terminate a Periodic Lease - Week-to-Week: Landlord is required to give 30 days notice. Tenant is required to give seven days notice. I do not think under 30 days matters.