How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attyadvisor Your Own Question
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5522
Experience:  28 years of experience in general practice, real estate law and estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Attyadvisor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live on three acres. Two of those acres are separate

Customer Question

I live on three acres. Two of those acres are separate behind the house. I've been thinking about using those two acres for long term car storage. Is this something I could do with residential land? I would have a contract w customers, charge a monthly/yearlyfee, they would be required to have a cover on the vehicle. I live in Augusta Ga
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 6 days ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 6 days ago.

That depends on the zoning laws for your particular area. Can you tell me the zoning designation of the 2 acres? This is a link for the zoning laws

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I'm pretty sure it's residential
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 6 days ago.

There are many different designations of residential. R1, R2, R3. If you can tell me the designation we can pull up the law. There are 12 designations in Augusta. If you look at the section of the link I provided it above it sets out the designations.

Go to this link

Under Zoning and Transportation Information there is a link for a map to determine your designation.

Let me know the zoning designation and we can go from there.

Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 5 days ago.

You can also contact the zoning department and they can provide you with the real property designation for your land and let you know if using the land as long term storage for customers and charging them a monthly fee is a permitted use.

You would contact them at:

"Melanie Wilson - Director
Planning & Development Department

Planning Division*****br />Suite 300
Augusta, GA 30901
Ph:(###) ###-####quot;

If you find that this is not a permitted use there is a process in very zoning that allows a land owner to apply for a variance or have the land re-zoned to use their land in a manner that would not otherwise be permitted under the current zoning laws.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter as it would be my pleasure to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.

The Attorneys on the site do not receive credit for their time or work if the customer does not rate us positively. There is no additional charge to you for a positive rating and you can still receive a refund. Thank you for your consideration.

Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 4 days ago.

I noticed that you had not rate my service and I was wondering if you still needed assistance. If you were unhappy please let me so I can request a refund for you.

Related Real Estate Law Questions