legalgems, Arbitrator
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed

Plaintiffs eviction was denied ,I appealed to district

Customer Question

Plaintiffs eviction was denied ,I appealed to district court, should i wait for hearing before i Pay defendants attorney contingency fee
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 9 days ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  legalgems replied 9 days ago.

What state is this in regards ***** *****? Also, did the court order defendant to pay plaintiff's attorney fees?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
circuit court made nte that civil court judge may determ deffendant att contingency fee, but i filed on time to appeal to district court
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I need statute number and answer please
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
or you may copy and email me statutr with explanation thanks
Expert:  legalgems replied 9 days ago.

I'm sorry; I had difficulty getting a lock on this page to post a response; can you please tell me the state this is in regards to?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Expert:  legalgems replied 9 days ago.

Thank you; normally the order will state that the attorney fees judgment is to be stayed, pending appeal, if the party makes a motion to that effect. If the order is silent as to appeals, then the judgment is effective when entered. The parties can agree to a postponement pending an appeal; if the other side refuses, then the requesting party can file a motion to stay the order, pending appeal. Often times, depending on the amount, and the party's ability to pay, the court may require a bond to ensure that if the appeal is not successful, the funds will still be available.

More information here and rule here.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I need statut number as an evidence so I can strike judge order to disburse money from court registry to defend.att before judgement of my filed appeal
Expert:  legalgems replied 8 days ago.

That is rule 9.310 and is in the second blue link above. Hope that helps! Kindly rate 5 stars if you feel I have earned it. Thanks!

Expert:  legalgems replied 5 days ago.

Checking to see how the above worked out for you.
If you decide to hire an attorney:

Here is a link to the bar association's legal referral site:

Thank you for using JA!