Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

My next door neighbor told my son today that he has obtained

Customer Question

My next door neighbor told my son today that he has obtained 8 signatures on a petition to have us removed from the neighborhood. We own our home. Can they do this?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: CA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not to my knowledge. Wouldn't we need to be advised?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My son has had a number of friends here at all hours. We are working to have this problem fixed, but no one in the neighborhood has bee affected.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

.

No, property rights are some of the most highly protected rights in the US. So if you own your home, it is not legally possible for you to be "removed" from property you own by a petition signed by other neighbors.

.

So to be very blunt, your neighbor is completely ignorant regarding property law and rights and you have nothing to worry about..

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you so much.

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time.

.

If you feel your original question and any related follow ups have been answered, I would very much appreciate a positive rating on the answer I have provided as that is the only way I receive credit for my work. If you have a new question the JustAnswer folks require that you start a new question page, but you can request me by putting "For Barrister" in the caption and they will get it to me.

..

.

thanks much