How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask California Lawyer Your Own Question
California Lawyer
California Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 953
Experience:  Licensed to practice law in California
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
California Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Some company call me to tell me that I had a return of my

Customer Question

some company call me to tell me that I had a return
of my $200.00 in a law suit against them, so they
ask me to open my bank account to deposit the money
from suit, I let them log into my account in witch I let
them they deposit $500.00 after they said it was a mistake
and wanted $300.00 back, they wanted me to go to a store
and get 3 gifts cards for $100.00 a piece and call them, not having
transportation at the time they lock my computer and I need a
pass word I did nothing wrong they call me telling me about
suit and what I would get back. tell me what my oputation are
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  California Lawyer replied 11 days ago.


I will try and help. Do nothing. You are being scammed. If you have not done so already, immediately close out that account and put any money in it somewhere else. Do not communicate with these people further. Do not buy them any gift cards.

I hope this helps.


Customer: replied 11 days ago.
not satisfied
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
not the solution I am looking for
Expert:  California Lawyer replied 11 days ago.


How can I help further. What sort of solution are you hoping to find? If you can offer more information, perhaps I can give you an answer you feel suits your needs.


Customer: replied 11 days ago.
need how to get control of my computer
Expert:  California Lawyer replied 11 days ago.

Ok. The short answer is that the people who did this to your computer are not going to unlock it unless you pay them a bunch of money. This is a popular new scam.

I would suggest taking it to a local computer repair place. They may have software that can fix this lock. If not, you may not be able to regain control without reloading the software you have on it. In that situation, you will lose your data.


Related Real Estate Law Questions