RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

I am a landlord and my Writ of Possession has been dismissed

Customer Question

I am a landlord and my Writ of Possession has been dismissed due to insufficient service. What happens next?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Georgia
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Yes, the dispossessory affidavit, certificate of service, affidavit of non military service and the writ of possession. The writ of possession has an order denying and states that it is dismissed.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

If the court has determined that service was not proper and dismissed the proceedings, you need to simply correct this. You would have to start over and re-serve the tenant and make sure that service is proper, so there is evidence that the tenant was placed on notice and given a chance to respond and if they fail to do so, can be defaulted.