J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience in residential real estate and commercial leases.

Well My husband and I bought home and his is on it only and

Customer Question

Hello well My husband and I bought home and his is on it only and now he has not payed the house note for months and has left and house is going into forclosure we were married how can i save my home?
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: are you there?
JA: No. I'm the Real Estate Lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: i am ready what do i need to do?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Louisiana
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 14 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

Are you on the loan/mortgage or is he the only borrower?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
He is the only one on the loan. and deed he added me at the clerk of court showing me half and half on the property but I am not on the deed.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
we were married when we bought the house I had student loans and it was suggested that I did'nt add my name and they told me this was louisiana. community property state. I was young and foolish.
Expert:  J. Warren replied 14 days ago.

Ok I am very sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately, unless the bank is willing to work with you to assume the loan or allow you to refinance the home on your own, it is going to be very difficult to save the house from foreclosure. If you are able to work out a plan with the bank to take over the loan, assume the loan or purchase the house you should not sign anything without a lawyer reviewing the documents.

All my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I realize this was not the answer you were hoping to receive however I have done my best to provide information which truthfully addresses your question. Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.