Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.

Is it legal for a broker or an Associate broker to conduct

Customer Question

Is it legal for a broker or an Associate broker to conduct business from home without display of signage? In particular, if affiliated with an agency as an associate broker but also conducting personal long term rental business from home on a daily basis?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New York
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just unsure if it is legal to conduct rental business under a presonal broker title at home with no signage while conducting sales as an associate broker with a real estate office
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 15 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the person is licensed as a broker, they do not require an office or a sign to do so. They do require a license to act as a broker and if they do not have one, they can be fined and sanctioned. The law does not say a sign is required.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.